Monday, April 30, 2012

A labor fake out.

On Sunday April 22nd I woke up at 1:15am with major pains, like crazy major pains. I waited and watched the contractions. They weren't Constantin, but they were strong. I got into the bath to calm things down if possible, it didn't help, in fact it made it worse if that is possible. So I got out and went and told Mike that I thought we needed to head into the hospital. We left the house and arrived at the hospital about 4am. They hooked me up to all the monitors and we sat there for a while. They also informed me that Dr. Oldroyd was out of town until 4pm that day, wonderful.

38 weeks & 4 days
I sat in the bed and Mike took a nap in the chair as the morning progressed on. The nurse kept checking me, I was contracting but not regularly and I wasn't progressing any farther so at about 10:30am they sent us on our way home.  Miserable is the word that comes to mind. We went home and wouldn't ya know the contractions all but stopped!! Ridiculous!!!! So we went about our Sunday.

Mikes 'baby' belly at 39 weeks & 4 days
I told Mike when we went to bed that night that I thought if Oldroyd had been in town he would have started me. Alas, he wasn't and I was going to have to wait my turn. 

No comments: