Sunday, December 27, 2009

Mom's Quilt:

This is the quilt that I made for my mom....she was beyond SHOCKED when she opened it. she kind of just sat there for a moment, and then this conversation happened:{shortened version}
Mom: is that a quilt in that box?
Me: Yes
Mom: did YOU make it?
Me: haha yes mom, I made it, with loads of help from Colette{momma Jorgensen}
Mom:....sits there, finally pulls it out....takes it all in....trying to not cry
Me: do you like it?
Mom: YES!! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH MEGAN, WOW! I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY!
Me: well good I'm glad you like it....it took me FOREVER to make, so if you don't like it...I'm taking it back.
Morgan: I want it...
I'm so happy she likes it! I am seriously so proud of myself...besides a baby blanket and an apron this is the only other thing I've sewn!!!{not to pat myself to much on the back, because it is NO where near perfect, but i love it!}



2 comments:

krystale said...

megs that quilt is amazing!! how did you make it? was it all by hand or sewing machine or both? I want to take up quilting... but haven't had much time! It's beautiful! You go girl!

Tricia said...

Wow! I am impressed beyond words!