Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 {recap}

As I sit here in my sweats today I can't help but think what this year has brought. 2009 has been quite the year for me and for us. It's been a year full of joy, laughter, tears, and challenges.
But I can't help but think is all that matters is we are healthy and happy. We have a roof over our heads, clothes on our bodies, and food on our table. That is more than a lot of people in the world have at this day and time. What a year it has been though. I just wanted to go through a short and sweet recap, for myself and I guess if you care enough to read this blog, than for you as well.

2009 broken down:
January* Mike started his first semester of collage, and after not having been in school for 2 years he learned that he forgot what school was like...good and bad!
February* Bryon Regon concert in Blackfoot....soo funny! need I say more??? and we welcomed a new nephew Noah Asher Stockhoff into our family!
March* My mom turned the big 50, and we partied all month long!
April* Mike became reunited with a mission buddy, and have been together ever since{well together meaning on the phone via text...Case lives in Star valley}
May* As a Jorgensen family, we had the horrible and yet honoring experience to say goodbye to our brother-in-law Andy as he left for Afghanistan. And then we had to watch as his wife Melissa and new born son tried to start a 'new chapter' in Idaho Falls for the next year.
June* Strawberry days...always a high light of the summer!
July* Megan turned the big 21 and the same day as a Jex family we had to say goodbye to our brother Jordan as he left on a two year mission to Chile.
August* Mike finished up his first year of College....and was glad to be done!
September* Mike turned 22, and we left for Hawaii with Megan's work!!!
October* Megan started sewing class's to make a quite for her mom for Christmas
November* Thanksgiving!!!!!
December* We hit our ONE YEAR mark!!! Christmas, family parties, busy, busy, busy!


I can't wait to see what 2010 brings for us, as a couple and as separate people. I hope your new years is full of fun and safety!
Till tomorrow, happy 2009!

No comments: