Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sunday G.C. Session:

I loved this years sessions. What powerful and uplifting messages given. How much I learned, and realized how much I need to grow and how far I already have come!
I prayed all last week, with a few questions for my Heavenly Father knowing he would answer them some way during one of the sessions. He did.

From the morning session I loved the quotes:
* "God knows you: he sends comfort, love, strength, blessings, and guidance designed for you only."-Elder Erying
*"The Lord us voting for me, Satan is voting against me, it's my vote that counts."-Elder Packer
and Elder Packer quoting Christ;
"I the Lord am bound when you do what I say, but if ye do not what I say ye have no promise."

And from the afternoon session Brother Per G. Malm quote;
"It is through the power of the atonement that we are made whole and strong."
This hit me hard, I have learned in the past few month so much about the atonement, I used to think it was just for repentance...it's not. How often we all use the atonement and never realize or take it for granite...I know I used to and still do. I have come to find just how much I really need it, love it, and cling to it. It's a powerful thing, and I am forever grateful that my savior Jesus Christ gave his life with out the glory so that we could all have free agency and strive to return to live with our Father in Heaven again.
I can't wait to kneel at Christs feet and thank him.

It was a great weekend, I can't wait for November to come so that I can read the talks again!

No comments: