Thursday, September 23, 2010

Zumba

I've been looking for a good stress relief program, besides eating which has been the program I am currently on. I've also been working on finding something I can do to lose weight, so naturally I had to change the first program to help with the second one right?

While I was pregnant I gained just about 20 pounds, which is low-normal but take into account that I was only pregnant for barely 6 months. After I had Carter I lost 16 pounds pretty quickly, like 4 weeks. But then I stopped losing, maybe due to the fact that I had started eating and not caring anymore....hum? So I have 4 pounds to get back to where I was before I had him. And then I need to lose more, my goal for total weight lose starting at the weight I am now is 20 pounds. For someone who hates working out and LOVES food this is a problem, but I have found a solution that I think is going to work for me and I couldn't be more excited!

I started Zumba! I had my friend Amy approach me about her and her sister taking a class. I had researched it before but didn't now where I could take it. So I hooked up with them, and 3 people became 8 ladies shakin' are booties last night! word spread and now Amy, Katie(her sis), Julie(Amy's mom), Me, my mom, my mother-in-law, and my SIL Whit are all now enrolled in the Apples Zumba program! It was so much fun last night, letting loose and not caring what people thought was great!!! I felt good physically but mentally when I left.
It was 1 full hour of the day that I didn't have to think about ANYTHING!
I could let loose, be free, and have fun. No judgement!

I think it's going to be a great thing for me. Not only will I hopefully shred some of this extra nasty flab but I can clean my mind and mentally and maybe even a little bit emotionally heal and reconnect. I can't wait till Monday when the next class is!
I hurt, but the pain is a good reminder that I need to get my rear end back into shape!
One step at a time.

4 comments:

Stacie Couch said...

I really want to try zumba! That sounds so much fun, I wish I could be there with all of you! It sounds way more fun than Jillian and me...Let me know how it goes! I would love to lose 20 pounds too :)

Unknown said...

You are better than me. I really want to get my pre-baby body back but I just complain about it instead of actually doing something about it. I really should start working out more. Way to take action!

Mike and Jamie said...

Megan,

Zumba is a blast. I was sore the next day in strange places. Let me know when you go, I 'd love to go too! I also took a yoga class last week and it was extrememly painful! There were ladies in there who were at least 20 years older than me standing on their heads!! Ready to try that? :)

I love you! We still pray for you guys every single day. Benton gets after anyone who forgets and so we start our prayer over.:) I heard a quote the other day, thought I'd pass it along....."Some people dream of angels, I held one in my arms."

Lots of love,
Jamie

Megann said...

Zumba is my new love. Whitney told me that you started going. How fun. I take a Zumba class at Artistique Ballroom Company with Lucy Westfall.