Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Boise Blast!

This past weekend Mike and I had the oppertunity to head to Meridian ID to visit Nate, Cami, and the cuttie button kids! It was Ike's birthday on saturday and the weekend was planned out with FUN! We left Idaho Falls around 2:30 or so and headed on our way...we got a tad board on that SUPER fun LONG ride and this is what happened....
My cute and safe driver!

Well hello there!

Starting out on our journey.
And then....we got to Burley and this is what we ran into....

Snow the middle of October??? what?! Well needless to say, it was FREEEZING cold!!!! and my first thought was..."I didn't bring a jacket! CRAP!" as i'm huddled down in a pillow because Mike was FREAKING me out driving in the bad weather! he's comment to me was, "I know my comfort level Megan...it's ok. Don't you trust me?" of course i trust the kid...i mean after all i'm marrying him right? anyways back to the subject at hand....we got to Nate and Cami's house and went almost straight over to Sizzler for Mike's cousin's Bday bash[with out Nate]. Saturday we got up, to no snow i might add, and ate breakfast, got ready, and went to the PUMPKIN PATCH [side note: it was FREEZING cold, like we are talking Artic Circle cold and the wind was INSANE!] we got to the pumpkin patch which would have been way cool if the weather had been nice, and we lasted all of about 10 minutes due to the kids starting to cry because they where so cold.

My strong man!!!

The Birthday Boy!!!Cutie pie's!

After the Pumpkin Patch we went back and had YUMMY homemade Mac&Cheese thanks to our Pro chef Cami! and then we hung out and took naps, then later that night we had Alek's bday bash which consisted of singing, cake, trick candles, and presents[some wanted some not!] THEN it was dinner time!!! Nate had made DELISH steaks and again cami had made lot's of other delicious side dishes and.......dah dah dah da homemade rolls in which I Megan Jex helped make!!! haha I was so proud of myself for making homemade bread and then.....this is what happened....

No one told me that you have to pinch the ends together so we had bread disks with our dinner..even with the rolls turning into disks they where still good[thanks to Cami!]

Mike and I had a BLAST this past weekend and can't wait to go back and see everyone! Thanks to Nate and Cami[and the kids] for letting us stay with them and pal around for the weekend! We love you all! Thanks again! Can't wait to see you next month!!

3 comments:

Brittany said...

What a post!! Love all the pics - you two look so happy together! I can't wait to go to the local pumpkin patch and carve me some pumpkins!

Lesa Martinson said...

Sounds like you guys had tons of fun! I can't beleive our weather last weekend, it was bazaar. But, not to worry it's suppose to be better this weekend, thank goodness!

CJ said...

Yeah, sorry about the rolls. But you did awesome with the information that I DID give you!

Thanks for grinning and bearing it with us that weekend! We sure enjoyed having you guys.