Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Word of the year



 For the past few years I have chosen a 'Word of the year'. This word is something that I would like to put my focus on for that year. The word usually corresponds with one or two of my goals for the year. I always break down for goals into categories; Personal, Spiritual, Physical, Family, & Marriage. It may seem like a lot, but I simply write down something I would like to see accomplished or succeed in, in that category. I find this helps me have direction, yet not get overwhelmed with "have to-do's" as most resolutions tend to do. 

This year for my word I chose, Service. What a better word for my family and I to put our focus in this year, as we were given SO much last year!! I have already put many thoughts into action, and have several other ideas that I want to see accomplished this year. Service is so easy to do, and covers so many things that we don't general count as service. For example: letting someone cut in front of you at the grocery check out, or smiling and saying hi to someone. Easy things like that. It doesn't always have to be giving someone money, or taking food to someone in need. 

I can't wait to see what this year has in store for me, and for my family. I feel like 2014 is going to be an amazing year for us, I hope it is!!!

No comments: