Friday, March 18, 2011

Family History-take 1

Today for Activity days I taught about Family History work.
When I was there age (10-11) I could have cared less, but the older I get it seems I am more interested in who my relatives were. The picture above is of my Grandma and Grandpa Maxfield, my mom's parents. My grandma passed away when I was one years old, and my grandpa passed away about 8 or so years ago. I never new either one really well, my grandma used to babysit me while my mom was at work until she got cancer....and even though I was old enough to know my grandpa I never really knew him well.

I can remember going to his house and getting into the desk drawers and getting out little plastic figures of horses, cows, farmers, etc. I remember running around his GINORMOUS backyard, sneaking into the garden to see what he was growing-hoping to get a carrot or two, listening to the many wind chimes in the back yard on the rockers. I remember the way he smelled, and his whiskery face when you hugged and kissed him. I remember that he loved us and would always tell us that.

I wish I knew more about both of my grandparents, I wish I had a history of there writing, there stories, there life single and married. Because I wish I had these things I am going to try and be better about journaling and writing my history, I am going to get to know my Grandma Jex
(who is my only living grandparent still living) better than I already do.
I am going to make Mike get a history of his 3 grandparents,
and I am going to make both of our parents write a history thus far on there lives.
This is important, and we have been told by a prophet of God to do so.
I love all of mine and Mikes grandparents and doing this will only make that love grow stronger!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I love those photos of Grandma and Grandpa. How can I get a copy?? It was fun seeing you guys last night at Chuck-0-Rama!!!