You have got to LOVE conference weekend..I DO!
this conference has been special to me, as a singles branch we had the opportunity to go to the Saturday sessions of conference. it was the best experience of my life..and one of the funnest times!! here was the agenda of the weekend...
- meet at the church at 4:30 AM[with only maybe 3 hours of sleep]
- buss leaves at 4:45 AM
- arrive in SLC around 9:00 AM
- walk straight to the stand by line[we had as a ward 10 tickets to the first session and 10 to the second.]
- watch conference from 10:00-12:00
- go eat lunch at Crown Burger
- watch conference from 2:00-4:00[ps i was 12 rows from the front!!!]
- eat a snack, the hang out for a little bit
- the boys head out for the Priesthood session from 6:00-8:00 while the girls headed to The Gateway for a little shopping
- meet back at the bus and head for Layton for dinner at The Golden Coral
- get on the bus and head back home to the snow filled IF, ID
- arrive back at the church at around 1:30 AM
- get home to my bed a little after 2:00 AM
- get up for the Sunday session of conference starting at 10:00 AM
so as you can see..there wasn't much sleep had this past weekend..but i had SO much fun. it was so cool to be in the conference center and to get to be that close, to get to see Pres Hinckley and the other members of the quorum of the 12 and the 70, along with many more.
it was also a humbling experience to watch Elder Wirthlin struggle through his talk, for those of you watch he was shaking so bad, he got shaking violently at one point that Elder Nelson got up and went and held him. and for those of you that where not able to be in the building, there was men on both sides ready to take Elder Wirthlin away when he was finished with his talk. i can honestly say that it was a scary experience..i didn't know what was going to happen. and I'm so happy to say that nothing did happen, I'm also happy to say that Elder Wirthlin finished his talk and was able to stay for the rest of the meeting[although being watched very carefully!]
it was also very fun to be there and watch as the new members of the first presidency, the 12, and the 70 where put in. [good luck to them in all they do!]
I'm so glad that i got to go to conference, i enjoyed the experience so much..and for those who have not ever been able to attend that actual session[aka being in the conference center] i recommend it to the highest degree!!!!!!! oh how i love this church and the members of it...and those who do so much for our church!!!! Thank You!